FAMILY LIFE IS FUN!!!

FAMILY LIFE IS FUN!!!

Hunter and Julie Moore

Hunter and Julie Moore
Best Friends

It's ALL GOOD :-)

It's ALL GOOD :-)

LOVE MY MAN!

LOVE MY MAN!

Moore Family February 2011

Moore Family February 2011

THE Johnston-Flake Gang

THE Johnston-Flake Gang
Christmas 2010

Johnston Family

Johnston Family

THE BEST BROS IN THE WORLD

THE BEST BROS IN THE WORLD

Friday, April 2, 2010

Finding the JOY!!!

So, last week, when I finally opened up and spoke out about the things that were eating me up, I had an emotional breakthrough! I felt rejuvinated! Honesty is a good thing! I decided that I needed to connect with the many wonderful people in our area, and make a more concerted effort to make friends. Regardless of the fact that money is EXTREMELY tight for us right now, I began attending more events and planned a few get-togethers here in my home. Reuniting with people really helped me. I felt my burdens lifted.

Most importantly, I decided to take on Personal Progress again. Yes, I had already completed my goals as a teen, but since I am now working with the young women in our ward, I thought it would be a great way to help me and them with their current goals. And, HOLY COW!! My scripture time became so much more powerful, as I was focussing on certain subjects each time I read. I LOVE THE SCRIPTURES!!

I also continued journaling my feelings--more regularly, though. I realized how Satan was working me over! I could see from a more objective perspective how deeply depressed I had become and how quickly I had despaired. I felt frustrated with myself, yet--I felt excited to be happy again! Optimism--with a realistic perspective--is my re-found approach to life :-).

I've read a lot of conference talks on faith, and I've taken a lot of time to ponder over our gospel doctrine lessons (about Abraham and Joseph of Egypt--two dudes that were tried beyond belief!). If you, too, are being worked over by Satan, check these scriptures out: Hebrews 11, Alma 32:17-43, and Ether 12:6-22. These scrip's really helped me. They lifted my soul out of the duldrums.

It's amazing how terrible Satan can make you feel--even to the point where you don't want to go on another day. I think it was a good lesson for me to learn--tough as heck, but good to learn. Our situation hasn't relented yet, but I just feel more peace. I'm recommitted to living happily, faithfully, despite our trials.

3 comments:

Five Bloomin' Beauties said...

You are awesome Julie and I'm so proud of you. Life is tough, no doubt about that! Could you email me your phone number? I want to call you but I can't find it anymore! Love ya!

Five Bloomin' Beauties said...

Saw about the quake on the news are you guys okay?

Linda said...

You know, I just don't think we would really know what to do with an earthquake - or a tornado for that matter. And just because it hasn't been a natural disaster of the past, certainly doesn't assure that it won't be in the future! Glad to hear you came through okay, once the nerves calmed.

Optimism--with a realistic perspective! I Love it!!! And you!