FAMILY LIFE IS FUN!!!

FAMILY LIFE IS FUN!!!

Hunter and Julie Moore

Hunter and Julie Moore
Best Friends

It's ALL GOOD :-)

It's ALL GOOD :-)

LOVE MY MAN!

LOVE MY MAN!

Moore Family February 2011

Moore Family February 2011

THE Johnston-Flake Gang

THE Johnston-Flake Gang
Christmas 2010

Johnston Family

Johnston Family

THE BEST BROS IN THE WORLD

THE BEST BROS IN THE WORLD

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Family Update-OCTOBER

So--I'm trying to find the ray of sunshine in my gloomy household right now. Our whole family got hit with sickness this past week. Sterling has been up every hour for the last 3 nights. We finally got him into the doctor yesterday--only to be told that all the pharmacies close-by were out of amoxicillan (sp?). Fevers, runny noses, regergitation, and other malidies have plagued our home (along with most the homes in our area). THANKFULLY--it lookes like we're now on the mend!! My head is beginning to de-fog, and I'm starting to think clearly again! YAHOO! The 3 older kids are doing well, and Hunter is feeling much better, too. YEAH!

I've decided to begin a "WHY I LIKE LA" list--so I stay positive when I'm missing my friends and family so much, and I'm wishing for seasons.

1. The beach is A-OKAY! We all have a great time there--and it's WAY inexpensive entertainment!
2. Disneyland is only 30-45 minutes away (depending on traffic).
3. I like walking in great weather--and only CA offers such great weather for the majority of the year.
4. I've met some terrific people here, and I look forward to getting to know them better.
5. I like our home and our neighborhood.
6. I'm so glad the kids have great teachers in a great school.
7. I've felt relatively safe here.
8. I love that we live close enough to Hunter's work that he can come home for lunch!
9. I really like the diversity here. I've been learning a lot about the Jewish faith.
10. I love living close to the temple!!!!!!

I'll keep you posted with my new list next week. My goal is to be seeking for good things here. It doesn't do me any good wasting time feeling sad that I'm so far away from my loved ones. Wish me luck!!

6 comments:

Dahlia said...

What a great list - and a great idea too! We're getting sick here now, yuck! Adversity in all things, right?!

Stephanie said...

Plus your family is only 6 to 9 hours away. Now that is closer then they were when you lived in Kansas! Anyways enjoy California it does have it's good points!

The Magnificent Ambersons said...

You can also get to the mountains and have snow (once it snows) within 1 - 2 hours. You could aslo check out the Farmer's Market in L.A. It is fun and can be inexpensive depending on what you buy.

Eric said...

Miss and glad you are on the mend! I am sure time and getting to know your neighbor's, making friends etc. will help the process along. Love ya!

Michelle Johnston said...

Miss you too!!! You are invited back ANY time you decide:)

Five Bloomin' Beauties said...

I'm proud of ya Jules! You are a good example to me! I'm glad you are all on the mend now! Miss ya! I loved the pumpkin!

Love,
Traci