FAMILY LIFE IS FUN!!!

FAMILY LIFE IS FUN!!!

Hunter and Julie Moore

Hunter and Julie Moore
Best Friends

It's ALL GOOD :-)

It's ALL GOOD :-)

LOVE MY MAN!

LOVE MY MAN!

Moore Family February 2011

Moore Family February 2011

THE Johnston-Flake Gang

THE Johnston-Flake Gang
Christmas 2010

Johnston Family

Johnston Family

THE BEST BROS IN THE WORLD

THE BEST BROS IN THE WORLD

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

DMV INSANITY!!!!!

So--everyone knows that DMV days are just going to be a drag--REGARDLESS whether your intentions are to be amiable and happy during the day. When moving to a new state--which we've done a few times now--I try to plan to have a babysitter for the kids, or Hunter or I go alone because EVERYONE KNOWS you DON'T take 4 kids to the DMV to update your car registration or drivers licenses. However--I had no choice. And yes--I was the ONLY parent (out of the 300 other people there) that had more than 2 children with me. After a few death threats on the way to the DMV ;-) , I could only hope that my children would keep our dysfunctions private. Amazing, even though we had to wait over 2 1/2 hours in a non-cooled, over-congested, highly chaotic setting--the snacks and coloring supplies held the kids over!!! Sterling even slept! Thanks be to heaven! And--of course--when we finally got called (90 people later), I was told I was missing several documents (all of which weren't on the "to have list" on the internet website), and that I needed to complete a few other car tests and come back again tomorrow. WHAT???!!!! During our stay, Cody held up the men's bathroom for 25 minutes while the line of men grew steadily angrier. To make it more comical, he announced to everyone, when he finally came out, that he "had to go POO!" Another day in the life of a mother. Mommy moments are just so...so...unrehearsed, uncouth, and generally embarrassing in public settings! At least 5 people said, "WOW. You really have your hands full!" NO KIDDING!! Anyway--after smog tests and vehicle verification tests--and a ton of money...I get to plan on going back again tomorrow. AGH!!

4 comments:

Dahlia said...

Maybe you should have another beach day afterwards! I hope it goes smoothly for you. And thank you for the good laugh this morning. Kids and DMV trips never mix...I know this too well...

Becky said...

You poor person! I feel your pain but mine has never been that bad. I really hate any experience that involves dealing with government employees. I just look at set ups like the post office, the DMV, Health and Human resources and think, why would anyone want to turn our entire health care service over to people like that. You'd get to the ER and be sent away because you didn't bring the correct forms and then be told that they don't bind broken legs on Mondays, only on Tuesdays.

ashlee said...

Gotta love the DMV. We are excited to have you guys here and to get to know you.

Morgan Moore said...

So fun to find your blog- and so fun to go to dinner with you!!