FAMILY LIFE IS FUN!!!

FAMILY LIFE IS FUN!!!

Hunter and Julie Moore

Hunter and Julie Moore
Best Friends

It's ALL GOOD :-)

It's ALL GOOD :-)

LOVE MY MAN!

LOVE MY MAN!

Moore Family February 2011

Moore Family February 2011

THE Johnston-Flake Gang

THE Johnston-Flake Gang
Christmas 2010

Johnston Family

Johnston Family

THE BEST BROS IN THE WORLD

THE BEST BROS IN THE WORLD

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

February Update...

Alright--I have great news!  NO--I'm NOT pregnant :-).  The good news I'm referring to is that Hunter has a great job, and we are going to be moving into a beautiful home around March 15th!  It is a real treat to be all together again.

Hunter--working as the Navajo County Director of Affairs and the Basketball Coach for BOTH Mariah and Amber's teams.  Hunter has been traveling a lot with his new job, but ANYTHING is better than sending him back and forth from LA every weekend!  Hunt has been spending a ton of quality time with the kiddos.  He took them shooting and to the Show Low/Snowflake Basketball game this last week.  He's a fabulous daddy! Hunter has also been playing on our ward basketball team.  The kids and I went to watch him play last night, and we really impressed.  HUNTER HAS STILL GOT IT!!!!

Julie--working as a full-time MOMMY:-). I think that word entails SO many different jobs and responsibilities that it would take a good half a page to list them all!!  I am also finishing my 1st novel--which has taken me 6 years to complete, but I'm almost to the final revision stage!!!  YEAH!  I am planning on attending the ANWA Writers Conference in Phoenix at the end of February.  I am preparing to teach dance in Snowflake, too.  I'm really excited to be able to work from my own home.  Our basement is HUGE--so I plan to use the space as a dance room.  I'm also going to be instructing in Show Choir again.  My mother has offered to be my Show Choir Pianist, and I'm really excited to be working with her.  She has also asked me to choreograph a 12-person show that will be performed in March.  Lots to do!  I'm the Primary Chorister for our ward, too.  LOVE IT!!

Mariah--is going to be turning 12 years old on April 10th--can you believe it??  She's going to New Beginnings tonight for her entrance into Young Womens.  She's thrilled!  She has been the 1st chair violinist for her school orchestra, and she just loves playing on that violin.  She has also been dancing with me, and she is quite a talented vocalist as well.  She has been working really hard with her dad at basketball practice.  She really likes learning the fundamentals.  She loves spending time with friends her share her same interests, and she has become aware of personal grooming--YEAH!!  She's doing fabulous in her schooling, and she is still an avid reader.

Amber--also loves basketball time with her dad.  She likes sports in general!  She has also really taken to art.  Her daddy got her an art book for Christmas, and she has spent a lot of time perfecting her drawings.  She, too, likes spending as much time with her friends as possible.  At least every other day, she is begging me for playdates.  She's a compassionate kid who is great with small children.  She absolutely loves Sterling.  It's sweet.  She also likes to go shooting with her dad.  She has told me that she is most excited to do gymnastics with me when we purchase our tumbling mats for the dance space in our new home.  She likes a challenge.

Cody--has improved in so many ways.  Cody is a brilliant little boy.  He tested beyond his 1st grade curriculum the first quarter of the year.  We've kept him where he's at, however, because he needs the social skills first and foremost to handle being around other kids.  He's very athletic and aggressive.  He, like Amber, really loves to draw and go shooting with his daddy.  Cody is a Wii fanatic!  Of course, he always has to do chores and homework before he gets to play, but he would be willing to do just about ANYTHING to get his half hour on the Wii!  I remember my brothers loving video games as much as Cody does now.  Some things never change :-).  It's great leverage for a parent!

Sterling--has the greatest personality.  He's almost always happy.  He's a tease, and he'll make most every situation a game of some sort.  He's got a fun giggle, and he's finally hit the "sit and watch a movie" stage--which all mothers greatly look forward to when laundry, dishes, and cooking must be done when the child is no longer taking 2-3 naps/day.  Not only is he not taking naps anymore, but he is no longer staying in his crib!  AGH!  We've hit a hard stage.  He doesn't like the crib for bedtime either.  We're going to have to figure something out!  He's just so darn cute, though...so, we get through the sleeplessness :-).  His favorite movies are Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Nemo, Kung Fu Panda and Cars.  YEAH for Pixar!!!

All in all, we're doing well.  We are extremely anxious to get into our own place, now that Hunter is with us, and he's got a great job!  We know that God has been watching over us.  Our prayers have been heard and answered. We feel very blessed.

5 comments:

Sarah Blue said...

Jeremy is going to be SO jealous when he hears Hunter landed a jon in Navajo County. :) Congrats to him!

Hooray for your book's near completion. Let me know if you need an extra editor. I'd be more than happy to help.

I'm thrilled that you are all together in Snowflake and near your family. It will be such a blessing! We'll come visit you next time we're in the area. :)

Kim said...

So glad to see things are going well for you. Good luck with the move. If you ever pass through Utah please stop by.

Mesha said...

Love hearing about your family! We had a family in our ward that reminds us of you guys! It made us miss you! We love you. If you ever come through St George please call us! Congrats on writing! That is always something I have been interested in but I get a little intimidated when I read really fantastic stuff and also overwhelmed thinking about the concentration it takes - AHHH - you can tell I am a Mother of three boys now huh? - Mesh

Brent said...

I am so glad that things are going so well for you guys!!! You've definitely gone through a lot and worked so hard to get to this point, so I hope you guys are able to enjoy it for a while.

I wish we could be closer so we could support you in all of the wonderful things your family is doing. We love you and miss you!

The Brook Family said...

It was so great to see you guys! You are all sooooo fantastic! Love you!